Conduct and Anti-Harassment Policy
We endeavor to provide each person with a comfortable, naturist experience. To ensure this, we enforce the following policies at all our events.
It is not our intention to prohibit mutually acceptable, affectionate gestures within individual relationships or to govern the private acts of consenting adults. However, harassment in any form will NOT BE TOLERATED at our events.
Arbutus Park Club defines harassment as:
- It is expected that all attendees will respect the privacy of others and that names or identities will NOT be revealed to anyone outside of events
- Unwanted advances, remarks, suggestions, solicitations, propositions, gestures, threats, ridicule or jokes of a crude or sexual nature
- Persistent attempts to engage another person in a clearly undesired conversation
- Unsolicited comments about someone’s body or specific body parts
- Persistent staring, stalking, following, voyeuristic positioning, or crowding of personal space
- Aggressive acts or threatening body language
- Offensive, abusive, demeaning, humiliating, threatening, or intimidating communication or behaviour
- Intentional touching of another person without prior, mutual consent
- Public sexual behaviour, sexual acts or displays
- Any behavior that requires an apology
Additionally, Children under 18 years of age MUST be accompanied by their legal guardians
Members and visitors are encouraged to immediately report any situation that seems like harassment as defined above. Our organizers will investigate, respond, and take appropriate action.
Confirmed acts of harassment will result in expulsion and, if appropriate, criminal prosecution.
The following is also EXPECTED at our swim events.
- NO bathing suits will be permitted
- Please bring a towel or wrap with you. If you sit on a bench or chair, please sit on your towel or wrap
- If you wish to approach event location staff, show due respect for their comfort level. Please COVER yourself with your towel or wrap as required (Refer to #10 above)
If you have any questions or concerns, about any of our codes of conduct and polocies please feel free to make an inquiry.